D-Link DHP-309AV PowerLine AV500 Mini Network Starter Kit
- Up to 500 Mbps2 through PowerLine Network
- Small and compact allows adapter to be less obstructive
- Easily connect and secure Home Network with push button security
- Extend your existing wireless network coverage for Your Entire Home or Office1
- Plug & Play Installation
- QoS Support to Prioritize Internet Traffic
- Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
- Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- Fast Ethernet Ports for Wired Network Speeds
- D-Link Green Product
DescriptionPowerLine AV500 allows for speeds of up to 500 Mbps2 through your home electrical wiring, giving you the bandwidth you need for HD video streaming The DHP-309AV PowerLine AV500 Mini Adapter is compliant with the HomePlug AV standard and uses your home’s existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network.1 It turns any power outlet into a network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage devices throughout your home.
PowerLine AV500 for Bandwidth-Intensive Applications
The DHP-309AV features PowerLine AV500, enabling it to deliver data at speeds of up to 500 Mbps, higher than regular PowerLine AV products. This rapid transmission speed makes it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, which guarantees smooth HD video streaming, VoIP calls, and lag-free online gaming experiences. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling digital home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
Convenient Setup and Secure Operation
The DHP-309AV plugs directly into a power outlet, and does not require any additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home, or attach a switch or wireless access point to the adapter for additional connectivity. For convenient setup, an encryption key can be quickly configured with the push of a button. The adapter implements 128-bit AES data encryption to protect the network from unauthorized wire-tapping. With hassle-free plug and play installation, the DHP-309AV is an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
The DHP-309AV incorporates a power-saving mode to comply with the European Energy Using Product (EuP) Directive. If no data transmission or reception occurs over a certain period of time, the adapter will automatically go into sleep mode to save power, reducing power usage by more than 70% and allowing you to save energy automatically, without sacrificing performance.
A QoS engine will analyze and separate the traffic of the DHP-309AV into multiple data streams. This allows for smooth streaming of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), HD video, and lag-free online gaming because the most demanding data streams are automatically given priority.
1. Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring condition and configuration, may affect the performance of this product. Additional D-Link PowerLine AV series products are required to add new devices to the network. A minimum of two D-Link PowerLine AV series products are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug the adapter directly into a wall outlet.
2. PowerLine AV500 products feature a more efficient processor than current 200 Mbps PowerLine AV products to provide better performance and coverage. Maximum throughput is based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch or a touch-sensitive on/off feature, short wave radios, or other Powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug AV standard.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package.
Ports & interfaces
Connectivity technology The technology that enables connectivity of the device, e.g. wired or wireless.
Interface Interface ports to connect pieces of equipment. USB (Universal Serial Bus) has become the most popular wired interface to connect peripherals. USB 2.0 supports speeds up to 480 Mbit/s (USB 1: 12 Mbit/s). The interface FireWire is also known as the IEEE 1394 standard. Enhanced IDE (EIDE)is sometimes referred to as Fast ATA, Fast IDE or ATA-2.
Maximum data transfer rate The maximum speed with which data can be transmitted from one device to another.
Networking standards The way in which the network is working, e.g. IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g.
IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3u
Operating temperature (T-T) The minimum and maximum temperatures at which the product can be safely operated.
0 - 40 °C
Operating relative humidity (H-H)
10 - 90%
Weight & dimensions
|Product Condition||Brand New/Unused|